Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Long time, no blog

Wow! Since I turned one, my life has been turned upside down. I guess I'll have to start dealing with the fact that I'm not an infant any longer. At day care, they are calling me a "tweenie" That means I'm between the ages of one and two. I'll be moving to the next room soon.
I'm walking all over the place now. You should see Mom and Dad chase me around the house. All I do is run and giggle. They yell "Drew, Drew, come back here." I keep running. I have two more teeth coming in on the top. I'm handling it pretty well. No crying and sleepless nights yet.
So, since I haven't written, I have to catch you all up on the events.
July 4 - Independence Day. We went to Granny's to celebrate. Daddy did the cooking for the entire family. Uncle Jeff, Aunt Cindy, Aunt Brenda, Aunt Donna, Aunt Patti and all of their kids were there. It was so much fun. We ate, played badmitton, swam (in the big pool and the little pool) and talked all day long. Mommy swam with Haille, Sophia and Kylie in the big pool. They were being silly by playing choo choo train in the water.

One of my favorite parts of the day was bouncing on the trampoline. I didn't have to do much. Once everyone else started bouncing, I just took advantage of their energy. Everyone held onto me because they were afraid that I would fall.

Daddy made one of my favorites. Mac and cheese. Mmmmm. Too bad they left the 2nd batch in the oven for too long. It was burnt to a crisp. Ewwww... Yep, we have a picture of the burnt meal. But, the best part is Uncle Tony in the background chasing the shuttlecock (birdie).


Some of us were modeling our best fashions. I was sporting the Bozo the clown look. Just look at that poofy red hair. Granny said she wants to cut them off.

Cousin Mike was wearing the fireworks.

Before we left, we set off some little fireworks and some sparklers. I was just watching all of the colors and fun things that were exploding in front of me.
July 8 - Mom and Dad had a birthday party for me. We went over early so that Mom and Dad could set up. I roamed around as they unloaded the car and started cooking the food. I have the easy job.

Then, everyone started to arrive. I was passed around quite a bit that day.



After I ate my lunch, Mom and Dad gave me another cake. I did the same thing as I did last time. I started eating the icing.

Then, Mom dug her finger in for me and I started eating some cake. You could tell that I was getting tired. I started playing with the balloons and acting silly.

So, I took that cake and flipped it over right in front of me. Everyone laughed and started clapping. YAY for me!!!

All of my friends were there, including AJ and Konrad. Haille and Sophia came out and so did Zachary. Lots of friends to play with and wear me out.

July 14 - Mom and Dad brought me to a strange place. We moved into a new house. It's nice where we live. There is a yard, trees and some more room. Mom and Dad seem really excited. Since we can shut the door to the basement, Mom and Dad let me have full roam of the top floor.
Tonight, I laughed as Mom chased me around the living room, kitchen and bathroom. I have so much fun with my parents.

I think that's about all for now. Mom and Dad are busy packing for our vacation. We're going to Ocean City, Maryland. I'll be sure to give updates as soon as I am back.

No comments:

Post a Comment