Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Gardening is for the birds

Tonight I helped dad plant some bushes in the front yard. Dad looked like he was having so much fun that I decided to pitch in and help.
First, I picked up the shovel. I think it was stuck to the ground because I couldn't get it off of the ground. I quickly gave up on that one.

Well, they needed water. So, I got the watering can and walked to the back yard with mom to get some water. Woo Hoo!! Let's splash and make a mess. This was my favorite part because I got to play in the water.

Enough of the hard work. I want to play. Mom put me in my little mail cart and pushed me around the front yard for a little while.

I didn't want to sit still for too long. I decided to roam around the yard. I went into the driveway and wanted to play with the tires on the cars. Oh, and I checked out the pine trees too. Ouch, IT GOT ME!!!

I have to tell you this story too. A few weekends ago when Daddy wasn't feeling too good, Mommy tried to help out and mow the lawn. Uncle Tony said that she was doing pretty good. She did the whole back yard and then moved to the front yard. While doing this, she notice that the front yard had an embankment right beside the road. While driving the mower up the hill, Mommy started to slide off of the seat. She had slippery, blue gym shorts on and they didn't stick to the leather seat too well. Mommy slipped off the seat but kept ahold of the steering wheel. She kept the tractor from crashing into the bushes and got control of the runaway. Uncle Tony said that it was one of the funniest things he had ever seen and he wished that he would have had the camera with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment