Saturday, January 31, 2009

No sleds required

The snow that fell earlier this week stuck around for this weekend. Finally, a day that I can get outside and play a little bit. Well, the snow wasn't as soft as I had imagined. Actually, there was a layer of ice on top of everything.

Oh well, how about a little body sledding down the back yard. First, we'll try the seated approach. Now, let's go for the dangerous belly position.
And, finally, the never-been-done-by-me-before back sliding!
I had a blast running and launching myself down the yard! (The video is at the bottom of this post and it makes Mom laugh every time.
Dad and I were hanging around in the back yard and I decided to check out the wood pile. Yep. It was nice and icy.

The logs had some nice snow on them. So, I ate it.

My cheeks and chin were so cold. Can you tell?

After that, it was time to go in. I was on my last walk back up to the door when I fell and hit my lip on the ice. Daddy didn't see me fall and he didn't know how hard I had fallen but I had definitely cut my lip open. He rushed me inside and Mom gave me a popcicle to eat to try and reduce the swelling of my lip.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:01 AM

    Oh my GOODNESS that video makes me laugh so hard! Go Drew go! WOW, talk about body sledding!! Wish I could join you guys!

    ReplyDelete