Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Where Has December Gone?
Well, December started out with us visiting Hershey's Christmas Candylane with Aunt Kelly. They had a beautiful tree decorated with many lights and it blinked in time with music that was being played.
The lights on the swings were pretty too.
Aunt Kelly and I rode the Peanut Butter cup challenge. Before we got on the ride, I was being stuffed into a trash shoot.
Kelly and Nathan got to ride the train together. I think Nathan had a great time.
On the 5th of December, we got our first bit of snow. Early in the day, Mom took us outside to enjoy the falling snow. We even got to eat our snack outside.
Nathan and I shared our gummies.
After lunch, Nathan took his nap. When he got up, Mom went outside and gathered some snow in a bowl. He wasn't too impressed.
When Dad got home, it was time to go outside and get busy. Nathan took control of the red shovel and made sure the sidewalk stayed clear. He wasn't a fan of the snow so he stayed in the shoveled areas.
Dad, on the other hand, was rolling around in the stuff. We couldn't keep him out of it. Here, we caught him rolling this big ball around the front yard.
Soon, we had three balls of snow rolled and we needed some eyes, nose and mouth for our new friend. Well, we didn't have any coal available. So, Mom sacrificed some of our Halloween candy for our snowman's eyes and mouth. We had baby carrots in the house. Mom made me hungry with all of those lollipops. So, I had to have a taste.
Here's the finished product. Isn't he handsome?
On the 10th, it was our Holiday Program for daycare. We were all wondering how Nathan would react when he got up on stage and saw all the people in the audience. Well, he did great. He had big smiles on his face the entire time. He loved entertaining. He even saw Mom in the crowd and didn't cry for her. That could be because he had Ms. Lala (Carla) by his side.
I was an entertainer as well. They let me stand next to Dillon at the beginning of the show. We were giggling and having a good time.
Dillon and I were having a little too much fun. So, we got separated and then I sang my heart out.
After the singing was over, it was time to get some refreshments. There, we reunited the triple D's. Dillon, Deacon and Drew...all together again. Deacon left our school a few months ago and I have missed him like crazy. I still ask mom about him and wonder when I can have him over to my house again. She promised me that the 3 D's could get together soon and have a play date.
That weekend, we were off to Grammy's house to help decorate and make cookies. Nathan and Santa shared a few secrets while we weren't looking.
I was focused on decorating Grammy's tree and making it look beautiful.
The next day, we visited Helen's house. Helen has something running around her tree that we had never seen before. She has the Disney Monorail. Its track runs through Spaceship Earth and The Contemporary. We watched it go round and round for quite a while.
Then, it was back to Grammy's and back to business. Drew is my name and making cookies is my game.
And, this is Nathan and stealing cookies is his game.
And, to conclude our weekend, we went to AJ's 4th birthday party. Here's the birthday boy.
He had his party at the skating rink. Dad and I had our skates on and we were ready to go.
OK. Dad was ready to go. Me? Not so much. I was sliding all over the place. I eventually got the hang of it though.
More baking. Dad and I made treats for Mommy's birthday. She loves chocolate covered pretzels. So, Dad and I made a special batch just for her. I guess Dad needed to keep Nathan occupied so he stuck him in his chair and kept him quiet with a lollipop.
Finally, it was time for me to have my big chat with Santa. Breakfast with Santa is always a great time for me to get one-on-one time with the big man in red. We were a little worried about getting to Hershey because it had been snowing for quite a while. But, we made it and had a good breakfast.
There we are. Santa and I just had our big talk. I told him that I wanted a Buzz Lightyear. But, to be more specific, Buzz had to have a laser light, he had to talk, his helmet and wings had to go up and down too. I wasn't asking for much. Oh, and I also wanted Transformers.
Nathan and Kelly were enjoying themselves again.
Hershey Bar was there too. He gave us all hugs and posed for pictures.

Daddy missed all of the action again this year. He only showed up for our family picture at the end of the morning.
By the end of that night, we had 14+ inches of snow at our house. It was beautiful.
Time for a fun-filled afternoon out in the snow. Dad and I were having some fun in the yard.
Again, Nathan enjoyed eating his snack outside in the snow. See the Gummy in his mouth???
On Christmas Eve, we were busy preparing our house for our visitors the next day. While we were making Apple Crisp, Nathan was acting like a little monkey.
I got Santa's plate ready for that evening. He got lots of cookies, some carrots and celery and a nice big cup of milk.
Finally, Christmas morning. There were lots of presents to open. Can you tell that I was happy to open my new underwear. They have Pixar characters on them.
I was trying to cheer Nathan up. He wasn't too happy with the stickers that he received.
Ha ha ha!!! I got new Hershey flavored chap sticks. I was really happy to see those.
I had to make sure that all of my presents were out from under the tree. So, I crawled under and checked it out.
Nathan had fun playing with his new Arc. There are animals of all shapes and sizes in there.
Mommy got really excited when she opened her last gift. She got tickets to see Tim McGraw. She was even more excited that she will be sitting in the 5th row.
The day after Christmas was filled with fun at the bowling alley. Since Aunt Veronica is home at Christmas, she likes to see all of Granny's side of the family. This is the perfect time and place for us to meet and have a little fun. Nathan couldn't really lift the ball yet. So, Mommy held the ball and Nathan gave it a good kick.
I was happy with my bowling skills.
Veronica took the opportunity to give Nathan his birthday presents since she can't make it home again for Nathan's party.
Granny shared her birthday cake.
And, our fun family shot at the bowling alley. We're adorable...all 4 of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment