Monday, April 26, 2010

Swimming like a fish!

I'm really having a good time in my swimming class this time around.  This was the 5th week and we got to try out the life preservers. 
I was a little unsure at first but Dad helped me get used to being able to float without his assistance.
We learned the safest way to float if we are ever out in the water.  Tuck your knees up to your chest.
Daddy helped me learn how to hold on to our preserver if we would ever have to jump into the water.  Criss cross your arms over your chest and hold on tight.
After we jumped off the side of the pool in the shallow end a few times, we moved to the diving board.  I was a brave little boy.  Most of the other kids were a little scared to do this but I walked right up to the edge and jumped right in.   Mom and Dad were so proud.
One of my favorite activities of the evening was standing on Dad's knee and falling off.  I liked floating and when Dad would turn his back, I would swim away from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment