Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekends without Dad

Granny got to come and visit us one Sunday. Since Daddy was in Houston, Mom needed someone to watch Nathan while I went to swimming. Nathan and Granny watched me swim and then we headed home. Once we were at home, Nathan and I had a good time posing for pictures and giving Granny a concert.
We sang all sorts of songs for her and I think she was loving every minute of it.
While Daddy was away, Nathan got a special treat. He got to go to Grammy's house and spend some time with her. He doesn't normally go away by himself but Mom was getting a little stressed out about parenting on her own.
While Nathan was in Reading, Mom and I checked out the Hershey Gardens. This was our first time there. The first time in all of her 10 years working for Hershey that she visited the Gardens.
The roses were beautiful!
There was also a good view of the park from up on the hill.
There were so many colors and so many flowers to see!
There's a small stream that runs through the Japanese garden. I had to put my hand in and see how cold it was. Surprisingly, it was chilly even though the temperature of the air was nearly 100 degrees.
I listened to Mom's words and posed for a few pictures.
In the Children's Garden, I made a flower cup. And, the straw, represented the proboscis of a butterfly sipping nectar out of a flower.
So, then, we had to go through the butterfly house. This was the neatest exhibit of all. When you enter the building, there are literally hundreds of butterflies. Some are flying up above, some fly around you and some are on the plants and flowers.
We spent a lot of time in here trying to get some good pictures to show off.
That afternoon, we went to Dillsburg to celebrate Shawn's 40th birthday.  Happy Birthday, Shawn!
Sunday was another busy day. I had a birthday party to attend for one of my school friends. Nolan was turning 5. He had his party at a place called My Gym. There was so much to do and play with! A ball pit...
Rings...
Swings...
Climbers...
And, I got to go on a zip line.
We played a lot of games and ran around with our friends a lot. It was a fun day and I hope that I can do it again sometime.



No comments:

Post a Comment