Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Parties

The first two Christmas parties of the season took place on Dec. 17. We headed to the McWilliams' party first. When we arrived, Aunt Paula decided that she was going to melt some of her plates in the oven. Boy did that smell good. She quickly saved the turkey and stuffing that was in there.

Santa came and gave each of the children a gift. I got a "carrousel" toy. When you push the button on top, the little animals inside go round and round. Little did Santa know that this toy would come in handy within the next few days. With a little help from mom, I used this toy to learn to sit up. Mom would sit it between my legs and let me hold on to it. From then on, I have been sitting by myself. Thanks Santa.

We then headed to Abbottstown to visit the Trish family. Aunt Cindy's house is just not big enough to hold all of us any more. There were people everywhere. Somehow, Santa ended up there too. I came home with a car full of toys. YAY!!!

On mommy's birthday, Jen and Renee came to visit me. They slipped money in mom's pocket and told her and dad to leave. I don't know what was going on but for the rest of the night I was treated like a king. I was cuddled, hugged, kissed and even got to play. What fun!!! Hey ladies, lets do it again some time. ;)

Then, came the Christmas rush. I was whisked off to Reading on Christmas Eve morning. Mom and Dad said something about going to church that evening but I kyboshed their plans. Mommy ended up staying at Grammy's with me because I wasn't feeling well. They thought my gums were bothering me but I ended up with yet another ear infection. I sat up to open most of my presents and I think I've got this ripping thing down pat. It's easy. Grab a piece, pull, put it in my mouth. Mmmmmmm!!!

Christmas day, we left for Hanover. On our way there, daddy made several stops at convenience stores because we had run out of film for our video camera. Daddy wanted to make sure that we had my first Christmas documented. We finally found one at the CVS in York.

At Granny Smith's, we ate and opened more presents. Daddy's poor car was overflowing with gifts. So, we had to leave some there. I'm not spoiled. Really, I'm not. We were all very tired and some of us ended up passing out on the couch.

I was very cranky that evening. Mommy and daddy didn't get much sleep. I finally slept for a few hours when mommy cuddled with me on the couch.

Thanks to everyone for making my first Christmas so memorable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment