Dad was out of town tonight. So, we weren't having one of his delicious home cooked meals. I was stuck with Mom's meal out of a box. I heard her crack open a can. I could see the Chef (Boyardee) on the side of the can. I was in for something messy...I could tell already. Maybe this won't be so bad.
I had to wait for her to heat it up. So, she threw about 5 godfish on my tray. Oh yum!!! My appetizers had arrived. I love those little fishies.
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...I hear the microwave. I watch Mom as she pulls the bowl out of the microwave. I can't wait to see what she's got for me. Ewwww...there it is. Crazy little macaroni looking things and a red sauce. She calls it Beef-A-Roni. Whatever. I'll try the stuff.
She cuts the noodles in half and then dumps a bunch of them on my tray. I dove right in. No hesitation when there's food involved. Mom couldn't believe that I was shoveling the stuff in my mouth so fast. Not only did the stuff taste good, it made some pretty nice art designs too. I covered my tray with the red sauce and of course I had to put some on my face.
If mom would have taken me out in public at that point, some one would have asked me where I got my horrible looking tan. I was beginning to look like an Oompa Loompa.
Hey mom, Beef-A-Roni is all right with me any time you want to make it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment