Sunday, November 12, 2006

The weekend full of excitement

Mommy had a long weekend because of a state holiday. Daddy picked me up from daycare early on Friday so that we could go home and spend time with Mommy. It was a beautiful day. So, we went outside to play. Sure, I played for a little while but then I wanted to take daddy for a walk. I took him to see the farm animals next door.

First, I visited with Pretty Girl. She's the fuzzy sheep. She doesn't talk much so I just wave and say "HI!".

We kept walking and I saw the little goats and Suzie Q, the cow. Suzie Q wasn't being sociable today so I just left her alone.
Mommy found some dandelions under the leaves on the ground so she helped me pick them. She asked me if I could smell them and I tried to eat them instead. They didn't taste too good. I don't know how Suzie Q and Pretty Girl eat them all of the time.

After our walk, I got really thirsty. Mommy asked Daddy to get me a bottle of water. Mmmmmmmm. I was drinking, and drinking and drinking and then....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

So good!!!
Then, we went inside so that we could get ready for some visitors. Daddy was making lasagna and Mommy was busy tidying the house. Mommy kept telling me that Abby was coming to visit. YAY!!! A friend to play with!!!
We had a good time at our house. Abby and I played and then we ate. I got kind of tired. So, I layed down and let Abby have access to all of my toys. She especially enjoyed the Corn Popper, Blue Clue Clues, and Elmo.

Shawn and Karin decided to take part in the fun too. They had a little baseball game going in the living room. They must have had a good time. I think Karin won because she ended up whacking Shawn over the head with the baseball bat. OUCH!!!

The next morning, I let Mom and Dad sleep in a little bit. I think I got up around 7:30 AM. (Hey, it's better than 5:15). We went to the kitchen and started my breakfast. Mommy sent daddy to the store for some cinnamon rolls.

While daddy was away, Mommy and I heard a loud crash. I didn't have a chance to figure out what was going on because Mommy snatched me up too fast. We looked outside and somebody's car had rolled through part of our yard and had taken out a 15-20' pine tree. Nobody was hurt. When Daddy came home, all he could say was "Ooooopps!!!".

Uncle Tony came up and helped Daddy with the house again. They are really working hard on the bar downstairs. The den is all drywalled and ready to be primered. We bought the paint today. We'll have to wait a little while to reveal the colors. But, I will include a few updated pictures of the work that they have done.


I even got to cuddle with Stanley a little bit today. He's getting used to me. He just doesn't understand that when I grab his ears, poke his eyes and eat his fur that I'm only showing him that I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment