Monday, January 14, 2008

Important Announcement

Well, everyone, I must announce that this is the end of my blog as you currently know it. Because of some recent changes in our family, I will now be sharing my blog with my little brother, Nathan. So, let’s all say goodbye to the Adventures of Drew and hello to The Ruppdate!!!

I don’t think that this will be much of a change but I’ve asked Nathan to attempt to write a few entries so that I don’t have to do all the work myself. Delegation is a wonderful thing. And, because I’m the oldest, I get to tell him what to do.

Let me tell you a little bit of the story of Nathan’s life thus far.

Jan 10, 2008
10:40 Mommy had a scheduled Dr appointment. Because one of the nurses walked into the room while she was changing, her blood pressure went a little higher than Dr. Manning liked. The doctor waited a few more minutes and checked it again. It was still at the same level.
11:15 So, Mommy was sent to hospital.
11:20 As Mommy and Daddy were leaving the doctor’s office, they got stuck in elevator. It didn’t want to budge. Finally the doors opened and let them loose.
11:45 Daddy went for some lunch.
12:15 Arrived at hospital and Mommy’s blood pressure was normal. But, they stuck around for some observation.
2:15 Mommy started having contractions and she was finally admitted
3:05 Granny arrived at the hospital.
*I spent the night in Hanover with Mindy and Tony.

Jan 11, 2008
4:00 Wake up – Granny drove to our house to get cleaned up and Mommy and Daddy couldn’t sleep either.
5:30 Mommy’s Contractions get stonger
8:55 Water broken (3 cm/80% effaced)
10:20 Induction Drugs given.
12:35 Epidural (3 cm/80% effaced)
1:30 4+ cm dilated, catheter installed
2:20 5 cm dilated.
2:30 6 cm dilated.
8:20 8 cm dilated/90% effaced.
9:30 Mommy started feeling pressure inside.
10:25 9cm dilated/100% effaced.

Jan 12, 2008
12:15 9 cm dilated/100%effaced; Nathan’s heart beat dropped to 80 then jumped up to 180. Dr. Long ordered a C-section. It was just too risky to keep playing roulette with his heart rate.
12:50 Start C
1:04 Nathan was BORN!!!!
1:30 Mommy and Nathan arrived in recovery
3:45 Mommy and Nathan were wheeled to their room, Nathan meets Granny
4:00 Mom and Dad sleep
8:00 Woken by Nathan – he let Mom and Dad sleep in a little bit.
8:35 Dad gets first poopy diaper
9:00 Dad gets second poopy diaper and a golden shower from Nathan.
11:30 Visitors begin arriving (Dave, Kelly, Susie, Bob)
12:00 More visitors (Veronica, Sandy, Andy, Big brother Drew)
5:00 Donna Visits
6:00 Tony and Mindy visit
8:00 Visitors gone, Mom and dad chill.

Jan 13, 2008
Today was just a normal bonding day for Mommy, Daddy and Nathan. Granny and Great Grandma Cookie came to visit and Grandpa Bob brought me to the hospital so that I could go home with Granny. While at the hospital, I got the chance to talk to Nathan and bond with him a little bit more. I’m really fond of my little brother. Mommy thinks that I’m going to be Nathan’s protective older brother.


Pictures are located here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ben.rupp/NathanBenjaminRupp?authkey=twPlzwQ2SGI

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a big brother, Drew-Drew. Nathan, you sure are cute!!! Aunt Hope, you look great! And Uncle Ben, you look so happy!! You guys make a great family!

    Mommy really wants to come visit, but she's getting over a cold, so we have to wait. She says she wishes she could be there right away.

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the Rupp family on your most recent addition!

    ReplyDelete