Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Does life ever slow down?

It's been crazy around here the past few days. Let me explain....


Friday - Mom didn't feel well. She must have caught the fever that I had earlier in the week. In addition to the fever, she ached all over.

Grammy picked me up from daycare and took me to her house to play with Sam.

Later that night, Nathan started a low grade fever too.


Saturday - Mommy and Nathan went to visit Hershey Bar at Chocolate World.
Then, they came to visit Grammy too. Grammy made some REALLY yummy pot pie for Daddy's birthday. I had a great time chasing Sam around and reading my books. I guess it was even a little bit fun when Aunt Kelly hung me upside down and tickled my belly.
Grammy offered to keep me another night because Nathan's fever was getting worse. Mommy and Daddy left and took Nathan home.


Since his fever wasn't getting any better, they called the doctor. The doctor advised them to take Nathan to the Emergency Room for evaluation.


Sunday - 12:30 AM - Mommy and Daddy left for Harrisburg Hospital. Once they arrived, they found that it would be a 5 + hour wait. Mommy was a little upset by this and the fact that Daddy found a roach crawling up her leg. Needless to say, this wasn't the cleanest or most organized hospital that they had ever seen. Daddy made the executive decision to relocate to Hershey Hospital.


2:00 AM - Arrive at Hershey. Nathan was checked in and in a bed in less than 30 minutes.
Let the testing begin. They weren't sure what was going on in his little body. So, they tested for pneumonia, RSV, meningitis and any other crazy infection that may be brewing. Nathan got blood work drawn, X-Rays taken, and a spinal tap.


Nathan had to go through a lot of observation and all the test results came back negative. So, we just had to wait for the fever to run its course. Nathan felt better Monday and was released Monday evening.


Mommy also checked into the hospital while Nathan was there. Her left leg was swollen, red and painful. She had testing done and she is now on antibiotics for an infection.


On Monday night, I went in to pick Nathan and Mommy up. It was time to take them home. I was a good big brother while we were there. Nathan had to have his IV taken out and I sat in his bed and watched. I made sure that they were treating him right.
Thank goodness he was released when he was. The weather was threatening to get bad and we all wanted to get home before it was too bad. It all started as snow but quickly changed to rain and ice over night. I helped Daddy shovel the snow and clean up the driveway.I'm getting ready to go out in the snow.
I found my shovel.
Look at the big mound of snow that I got.
Taking a break to eat a few snowflakes.
Today, Nathan had his one month check up. The doctor said that everything was looking good. Here are his measurements.


Weight: 10lb 6oz (75th percentile)
Height: 21" (25th percentile)
Head: 40.5 (90th percentile)


My one month measurements (just to compare)

21.25 inches long and 9 pounds 6 ounces


So, all looks good. We're hoping that this will turn around our luck...just for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment