Thursday, February 07, 2008

Playing catch up

A few days ago, Aunt Lisa came to visit Mommy while I was at school. AJ was so lucky. He got to play with all of my toys while I wasn't here. That means that I wasn't here to steal them away from him.



AJ waited for me to get home and here we are hanging on the couch with the newest addition to our group. Nathan will make an excellent bud when he can walk or talk. When will that be? Tomorrow? I'm very curious to know and I keep asking Mommy when he'll be able to do fun things. After AJ was done holding Nathan, I took my turn. I love to hold him, play with his little fingers and explore his ears. He is fascinating.
Grammy came into town over the weekend. She was coming to scrapbook in Harrisburg with a friend of hers. Since Mommy couldn't go this year, Grammy had to get the creative scrapbooking juices flowing without Mommy. Before she went to Harrisburg, she came to visit us first. This was her first visit since the day after Nathan was born. She's been feeling a little under the weather and is finally starting to get back to normal.
On Saturday, Mommy and Daddy took me to Hershey's Chocolate World so that I could get a glimpse of all of my chocolatey friends. I kept asking Mom, "Where are they?" I don't have an ounce of patience in my entire body. But we eventually found them.
Here we are with my favorite piece of chocolate. Hershey Bar is pretty darn cool. He's very hard to control though. When the music starts, HB goes crazy by jumping and skipping to the beat. I told Mommy and Daddy that I wanted to be Hershey Bar, Kiss and Reese when I grow up.

I've been a super helper for my Mom. When she needs things, she'll ask me to go get them. The other night, she asked me to go and get the wipes. I came back out into the living room and said "I got you wipes and a diaper." She was so impressed with my listening skills. I've even tried to pick Nathan up when he was crying. And, out of the goodness of my heart, I brought Nathan a bib. I thought he might get a little messy and told Mommy to put it on him. The bib was as big as Nathan and it said "1st Birthday" but it was cute.
Uncle Tony came up to replace the windows in our house. I was concerned and said "He's ripping our house apart." I was reassured that he would put it back together.
Here he is peeking through our kitchen window from the outside.
Mommy got a coat for Nathan and today was the first day that he wore it. It was a little big on Nathan but it kept him warm. We went outside for a few minutes and took a walk. We looked for Susie Q and looked at the digger next door.
Well, hopefully it won't be as long til I write next time. I'll try and be more responsible and use my time wisely in between taking care of Nathan.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Drew-Drew. It must be cold in your house with no windows. How cool that your Uncle is so handy around the house! I had fun seeing you, Aunt Hope, Nathan and HB at Hershey!

    ReplyDelete