Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Camping for the first time

Just some quick shots of Nathan being as cute as always. He went to the doctor this week and he weighs 15 pounds 5 ounces. He's getting some nice double chins and some leg rolls that trap the lint really well.
This past weekend was our first camping experience. We went to Hershey Highmeadow Campground. We had wonderful weather and it only rained a little bit over night on Saturday.

Mom and Dad went to the campground early on Friday afternoon and got everything set up. Then, Mom drove back to school and got Nathan and I. I was very excited to see all of the campers when we pulled in. Then, we found Daddy and our camper and we posed for a picture.

Dinner was hot dogs and hamburgers. Daddy is such a good cook!
Daddy didn't even realize that he did this, but look at the burgers and dogs, they're smiling at you!
Getting me to bed on Friday night was a treat. I was so excited that I didn't want to lay down. Mom and Dad were really tired but I had a ton of energy stored up!
Mom and Dad said that they were having some difficulty getting to sleep. I have no idea why but they said that it was because of a train. There were train tracks behind our camp site and they ran about every 1/2 hour from 9PM until 5AM. Nathan and I slept fine but Mom and Dad barely got any sleep.

We brought along our portable DVD player so that I could stay occupied while Mom and Dad were busy. Nathan even watched a little Finding Nemo with me.
Time to make breakfast. Pancakes it is. SHAKE! SHAKE! SHAKE!
Dad told Mom to go in the camper and get a pan to make the pancakes. We didn't have one. So, Dad was forced to use this big sauce pan. The pancakes turned out fine but it was funny to see.
We were off to Hershey Park for the Day on Saturday. It was a little warm but not as bad as the last time that we went. We rode a lot of rides and I told everyone that my favorite was the birdies (Flying Falcon).
Grammy and I.
Back at the campground, Mom and Dad decided to make a fire with the "special" tree. They had to get a picture because this is the tree that fell on our house in December. Revenge is sweet!
Nathan had to get a bath and instead of taking him to the showers, Mom put him in this tiny container to wash him off. He actually enjoyed it and was playing with his toes most of the time.
Another group shot...this time with the camper in the background.
Nathan enjoyed his time outside. He fell asleep in the pack 'n play while we were closing up the camper.
Ready to leave...I was still wide awake and ready to go.
But, I was asleep before we actually left the campground.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Drew and Nathan were so cute at the campsite. I miss them so much and I am so glad that even though I am not at school anymore, I can keep up to date on what the boys are up too. I miss you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a great time! I love all your photos...

    Luxx

    ReplyDelete