Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A little bit of everything.

In the past few days, Mom has had a few free moments to take me to some playgroup activities. We went to the McDonalds to celebrate some birthdays. But, before we could celebrate we had to eat. AJ and I had some chicken nuggets and decided to show off our food. Sliding on our bellies was lots of fun. I just didn't know how to let AJ get up before I slid down behind him.
Mmmmm...Ice cream afterwards! I enjoyed it so much that I just stuck my entire face into my cone.
AJ, however, was more polite about it.
The hottest Saturday of the year and we got to spend it at Hershey Park for Granny's company picnic. We were sure to apply lots of sunblock and we were sportin' our shades. Doesn't Nathan look cool as a cucumber?
Me and my hot red shades (which didn't stay on long). We had just gotten out of the car and set up the stroller and my cheeks are red!
My first ride was the carrousel with Mommy. Daddy was doing the best he could to get a good picture (While the ride was still in motion). Sorry for the blur.
After I got off the carrousel, Granny and Grampy Andy were there waiting for me. Oh boy, did I have a long list of rides that I wanted to ride with Granny! Trucks, train, lady bugs, frog hopper, and the monorail. Oh, and whatever else we could possibly get on during the day.
We got to eat chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs. But, Nathan got nothing but milk. How boring is that?
There was a nice lady in the catering area that painted my arm. I got to choose whatever I wanted and I told her that I wanted a flag.
Let's show off my tattoo, Aunt Mindy!
It was VERY hot outside but that didn't stop my friends from coming out to dance! Milk Dud was all cool in his hat!
And, Peppermint Pattie was as sweet as ever!
Granny, is it ok that I let Aunt Mindy jump on this ride with me? We had fun yelling "CHICKEN" at all of you as we flew by!
Mom and Mindy took me on the sky ride. Uncle Tony rode in the cart behind us because there just wasn't enough room for all 4 of us to ride together. Uncle Tony was less than thrilled and I was the same. This ride was a little too slow for my taste.
We traveled down into the Minetown area of the park. Granny asked me if I wanted to get on the Flying Falcon. Suprisingly, I said "YES". So, I got on it. I was having a blast. Granny held me tight and mommy sat in the car in front of us. Mommy could hear me giggling throughout the ride.





After the Flying Falcon, we decided to relax in the Zoo for a little while. Ranger Scratch was making his rounds and we posed with him for a little bit.
And, more posing by the otters. This time we caught Grampy Andy in the picture.
And, the end of our day...finally. We were tired and hot and Mommy some how lost her shirt (after Nathan pooped all over her). Good thing she had a tank top on underneath.
Mom was taking more comparison pictures of Nathan and I. Nathan likes to crawl in my bed with me in the mornings and after naps. Can you tell that I was fast asleep here? Nathan and I have a good plan. Nathan takes a late morning nap. When he gets up, I lay down. Then, when I get up, Nathan likes to lay down for his early afternoon nap. We keep Mom and Dad running!
Nathan turned 5 months old on June 12. Here he is with that silly ducky again. Compare it to the first one that we took.
Nathan's starting to sit up on his own and he's getting a great personality. He's even got a little giggle that is irresistable.

He's lifting his head higher every day and he can roll over both ways. His favorite things to do are to grab his rattles and roll all over the living room floor. I'm a little jealous of him though. He's definitely got more hair than I did at 5 months.
Dad and I have been spending some time outside. It's been dry and hot here and the grass has needed some watering. I think that I've been getting more water than the grass but it's fun! Dad sprays and I grab the nozzle and get us both soaked.
Here, Dad, let me help. Let's see how wet I can get you!
I always take time out to smell the flowers.
Nathan has been experimenting with some some new foods. Do you think he likes the carrots? He was playing baby bird here and begging for more.
Father's day was a day for Daddy to try and relax a little bit. He took advantage of it by going golfing with Pop Pop, Sue and Kelly. Mom tagged along too (not to golf though). I got to spend some time with Grammy while they were out.
Pop Pop..making a shot.
Sue
Aunt Kelly
After they were done golfing, we went to Pop Pop's house. Can you believe this? Pop Pop bought me a BMW! That's right a BMW! I'll be cruisin' in a driveway near you before you know it. Too bad there's only room for me in my car. I can't pick up all my girlfriends!
There was a frog in Pop Pop's lawn. I was brave enough to touch it. Thank goodness Mom didn't see it. She would have screamed.
Nathan got to take his first dip in a pool. He didn't seem to mind it.
Aunt Kelly helped us stay afloat in our boat. I didn't want Nathan to get in with my and I yelled at her. She replied "It's your brother." We'll remember that one Aunt Kelly. Daddy won't let you live that one down.
Nathan thought that his floatie tasted good.
Me and that darn boat again. Aunt Kelly was definitely getting her workout by pushing me around.
Pop Pop got to push me too. I don't care who was doing it just as long as I was getting around the pool.
Mom made me try doing the swimming on my own. I didn't like that too much but I gave it a try. I had the arm swimmies on for about 10 minutes. Then, I made Mom carry me around again.
Nathan got to swing for his first time. He didn't seem to mind it.
And, Dad and I hung around in the pool for a little bit too. We had a great time.
Pop Pop showed me some golf tips in the back yard. And, I got to go pee on the fence. I didnt' want to run inside to go so I dropped my drawers and peed right in the back yard.
What a day! I was pooped and it didn't take me longer than 5 minutes to crash in the car on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment