Nathan was excited when we got him out of the car.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Visiting Duke and Princess
Well, we left our house Thursday night and headed for Lancaster, PA. We were looking for some fun beyond the castle walls. I think we may have found it at Dutch Wonderland.
Nathan was excited when we got him out of the car.
While Mom and Dad were unpacking the car and setting up the camper, I was playing cars. I lined each and every one of them up and put a rock on the top.
Ahhh, finally, we got everything set up before it got too dark. And, we added some lights to the outside as well.
It was getting late. So, we went inside and I started reading some books to Nathan. We picked Corduroy and a bear book for our bedtime routine.
In the morning, it was time to head over to the castle. Duke, The Princess, and The Knight were there to meet us at the entrance.
This was my first ride and I absolutely loved it. I giggled around every turn because I got "whipped" around so fast that it knocked my feet off of the floor.
Then, it was off to Duke's Lagoon. Duke's Lagoon had all sorts of water things for me to play with. There were water squirters, slides, puddles, fountains and big buckets that just dumped water all over the place.
Daddy posed next to Duke since I was being shy for the camera.
This is Duke's sandcastle.
Nathan got in on the action too. He didn't mind the fountains at all.
Daddy and I went down the big slides many times. I thought that they were a lot of fun!
We posed as Amish people.
And, Thomas made an appearance. We got to clap and sing with Thomas and the engineers. The show was a blast and after we left, I just wanted to go back!
I tried to milk this cow but she was empty.
We had some special visitors at our camp site. Gi Gi, Gi Gi-pa and Grammy came over. We made dinner and played some games while they were there.
The ice cream truck made a trip around the campground. Daddy bought me a mega missle and he and Mommy both got snow cones. Mmmm, Yummy!
Then, we had another special treat. I got to try some sparklers. I had a lot of fun making designs with them. Mommy helped me with the first few and showed me how to be safe with them.
Swirls!
Sunday was our last day in the park and we took advantage of a short line. The Sky Ride had a huge line all weekend and we got on it first so that it would be quick.
While Mom and I were riding the Sky Ride, Dad and Nathan enjoyed the water area again.
It was a busy, busy weekend but it was fun and exciting. I think we're even heading back some time in September. As we left the park, I said "Bye Duke!" And, he waved back.
Nathan was excited when we got him out of the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment