Saturday, August 09, 2008

Hickory Run State Park

We made our first family trip to Hickory Run State Park. We got there really late on Friday evening and didn't get a chance to really setup camp until Saturday morning. My first (and probably only) chore was to help Mommy collect fire wood. Daddy showed me these great bushes that had blackberries on them. See my blackberry?
Oooohhh, that first taste was a little tart.
That one was better!
Here Daddy, you need to eat one too!
We had a visitor at our campsite. The chippy was playing in the tree.
He was hiding pretty good. I couldn't find him for a little while.
We took a walk to the beach area.
I loved playing on the spillway.
Mom and Nathan even crossed it together.
Daddy and I played in the water quite a bit.
I had fun running all over the place and jumping in the sand.
Our family shot by the water.
Daddy helped me to catch a tadpole.
There he is in Daddy's hand.
Nathan took a little time and explored nature. Too bad he tried to eat the stick.
We sat in the amphitheater and listed to a story about birds. Then, the naturalist showed us some nests and bird eggs. I loved this part because I was first to handle all of the good stuff that she was passing around.
She also showed us bird bones, feathers and feet.
We tried to go out to boulder field but the weather wasn't cooperating. We stopped at this lake for a few minutes.
We made it to Boulder Field, but we weren't able to stay long because the thunder was getting loud. I got to climb on a few rocks before running back to the car.

We got back to the campground and before we left, I got to pick as many blackberries as I could find. We took them home so that we could eat them for breakfast.
And, last but not least, Mommy is very proud of her three boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment