Sunday, August 03, 2008

Lake Tobias

Daddy took a trip up to Pocono to watch Nascars without Mommy, Nathan and myself. So, we decided to spend the day at Lake Tobias. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. When we got there, Granny bought me these crackers. I thought they were for me to munch on but Mommy kept telling me to save them for the animals. What animals? I don't see any animals.We got on this strange looking safari bus. It was a school bus with the top cut off of it. We sat all the way in the back because Mommy said that we would be able to get a good look at the animals. Nathan looked a little scared too.
Finally, the bus left. We were driving in a very bumpy field. We stopped every once in a while and sure enough, I saw animals. It was just like being at the zoo but they came right up to the side of our bus.
There were lots of these baby birds! After they hatch, the mommy birds leave and the daddy birds take care of them.
The elk came right up into our seat and tried to steal all of my crackers. Granny helped me feed them. I was afraid that they were going to nibble on my fingers.
This crazy animal is a zedonk. A mix between and Donkey and a Zebra.
The deer had fuzzy antlers.
Lake Tobias
Granny and I were checking out the ostriches and zebras.
Mom and her two boys!
Granny stayed with me in the petting zoo and helped me feed the goats, horses, and pigs.
We had a great day and Nathan and I were passed out before long. Granny really knows how to tire us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment