Mommy and I got to share a special day. My day care was taking a trip to Paulus Orchards and Mommy took off work to go along. I was excited to go because I had just been at the Apple Harvest Festival a few weeks before. Now, I got to get up close and personal with the apple trees.
Because not everybody's mom or dad could go along, we got to take a friend in our car. Owen rode along with us and we were the first ones there so we got to pose for some pictures.
The nice lady at the orchard helped us learn how apples are made. Jayden and I displayed our best flower skills. We had to wait (patiently) for the bees to come and pollenate the flowers.
Hailey got to try on the basket that the pickers use when they are in the apple fields. The lady showed her how they pick the apples with two hands so they can get a lot of apples in just a little bit of time.
It was finally time to hop on the wagon (pulled by a huge John Deere tractor) and ride out into the fields. We found the apple trees and we each got to pick three Cameo apples.
Next, we were off to the pumpkin fields. We got to search through the fields for a pumpkin that suited us. I found a pumpkin that was just my size and took it home with us.
Paulus Orchards also has several corn mazes. Mom was a little nervous about this venture because she's not really good with directions.
Before we went into the maze, we made sure to use the potty and take some pictures.
At the end of the maze, we got to use this great slide. It's the biggest one that I had ever seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment