Sunday, November 09, 2008

Making Applesauce with Gigi-Pa

What an exciting day! I get to learn all of the secrets of making Gigi-Pa's apple sauce. First, you have to pick all of the apples. Make sure that they are good ones. Nice and shiny! No bruises! No worms!Then, we have to make sure that we make them nice and clean. We don't want any harmful chemicals on our apples.
Then, we have to cut the apples. I let this part up to Gigi-Pa. But, I had to show off this pretty apple. Look how pink it is inside. Mmmmm!!! Time to cook them. They're all in the pot ready to go!

After they were done cooking, Gigi-Pa scooped them out of the pot and put them into the strainer. They were hot so I had to stand back.

Gigi-Pa gave me the stick so that we could squash the apples down into applesauce. I kept turning and turning and turning until there was noting left but apple peels. We scooped those out and put more in. We kept making more applesauce until the apples were all and the bowl was full! I got a little tired at the end and had to take a little break. I had fun with my Gigi-Pa and learning how to make one of my favorite snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment