So, back up to the top of the hill. Same routine as last time. I got on. Dad pushed. I slid to the left again and into the brush pile I went again. This time it was a little harder. When Dad go there to check on me, I said "That hurt. Can I do it again?"
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Snowy pals
Finally! A snow worth measuring in Central PA! We couldn't have been more excited. Well, yes we could have. If there wasn't a layer of ice on top of everything we would be able to enjoy it a little more. Daddy and I went out to shovel the driveway when we got home. Nathan also got bundled up and joined us for a little bit.
For the most part, he was ok walking on the blacktop. He was good until he slipped and bonked his head on the driveway. Mom scooped him up and cuddled him until he stopped crying. Then, he was good as new.
I decided to give the icicles a try. They weren't too bad but they were really lacking in flavor.
Nathan and I had to sit on the snow bank until Daddy went and got something out of the shed. Since Nathan was sitting nicely (AKA...he couldn't get up because his outfit was too puffy), Mom got some pictures of us hanging out together.

Dad returned with a sled in his hand. I couldn't wait to hop on but I had to wait until Nathan was done. Nathan was getting a little cold and we wanted to get him on the sled for the first time. He wasn't too happy about it at first. He was a little unsure of the bright red piece of plastic.
The pictures don't show it too well but once Dad started pulling him around, he actually cracked a little smile.
Yes, it's my turn. Dad set up the sled at the top of the driveway and sat me on it. Mom asked him "Are you letting him go down by himself?" Dad replied with "I was going to." Mom's worry meter went through the roof. Not only was the ground really icy, the back yard was super dark. Oh well, Dad gave me a push and I went cruising into the darkness. A few feet in front of the shed, my "red missle" veered to the left and I went flying toward the lane. Mom was yelling from the drive way "Drew! Roll off! Drew! Jump off!" No way! I slid right into the brush pile. Dad ran down to get me and I exclaimed "That was FUN!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oooh I love seeing Nathan and Drew in their snowsuits. My Mommy keeps saying we'll go out in mine. Hopefully soon!
ReplyDeleteBuzz on over...http://schaeffer08.blogspot.com/2009/02/peeking-out-from-under-covers.html
ReplyDelete