We hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter. We sure did. We spent the few days before Easter at
Grammy's house. Mom and Dad had to work and Grammy was off school so she gave Mom and Dad a break.
If you've been following the blog since 2005, you'll know that Mom and Dad like to take comparison pictures every Easter to show how much we've grown. We'll here's Nathan's first Easter comparison picture. Last year at this time, he was still eating, sleeping, crying and pooping on a pretty consistent basis. He's made a lot of strides. Now, he walks, babbles, plays, gives high-fives, blows kisses and actually does some fun stuff with me. (He still eats, sleeps,
cries and poops but just not as often.)
*Click to make the pictures bigger*
Here's my picture comparisons. Well, one thing is for sure. I finally grew some hair! I'm getting taller, smarter, chattier, more adventurous and I love to smile! I'm all most 4 years old and it makes Mom cry whenever she thinks about how much I've changed in 3 1/2 short years.

After we took our pictures this year, Nathan decided to see if the flowers would make a good bed. He didn't like that too much and yelled for someone to get him out. Mom started to pull him out when Dad said "Wait. I want to get a picture." Nathan had to endure the bed of Daffodils and tulips a little bit longer.

When he got back on his feet, he headed for the garage. He was looking for Sam. Where's Sam? Well, he's not in his kennel. Since he's not there, we'll take advantage of it. The flowers were not soft enough for Nathan so he thought he'd try the kennel.

Nathan seemed to like it in there. I had to give it a try too. I thought it was a little hard and I probably would have preferred laying in the flowers.
Finally, we found Sam. He was in the back yard with Grandpa Bob.

Grammy has great sidewalks outside of her house. So, it was time to raid the garage and find our riding toys. Nathan enjoyed being pulled in the wagon. He did a few trips up and down the street with Mommy.

Me? I was off. There was no catching me on this speed machine. I would race around the circle with Grandpa Bob and Sam chasing me.
Fleetwood, if you saw any red streaks flying by your window on Easter afternoon, no worries. It was just me.

After lunch, we were on our way to see Pop-pop. I asked Pop-pop to take me outside and push me on the swing. There was one condition. He had to push me fast! Sure enough, he did and I had a blast.

Mommy and Nathan got in on the fun too! They were screaming and laughing because they were having so much fun!

Nathan took a few minutes to clean Pop-
pop's windows.

And, he was just being plain silly!

We were practicing our putting in the backyard. Nathan was really getting tired so he just sat down on the grass and enjoyed the sun for a little bit.

When our time at Pop-
pop's was done, we headed back to
Grammy's. While we were gone, the Easter Bunny had shown up. There were eggs hidden all over the front yard for Nathan and I. I think that Nathan expected his basket to all ready be filled when he picked it up. He wasn't so lucky but the Easter Bunny did hide the "big" eggs for Nathan so that they were easier to find. I'm getting to be an egg hunting fool. I know the drill. Grab basket. Run. Pick up egg. Drop in basket. Repeat steps 2-4.

Our loot...

This is what happens when our parents attempt to get a picture of us together. Usually one of us will cooperate and the other will do something
ornery. This was Nathan's turn.

This one didn't turn out too terribly bad.

Our new outfits that we got from the Easter Bunny.

Nathan enjoyed dumping the eggs all over the floor. There were probably about 100 of them for him to play with.

After he was done spreading them all over the floor, he would go looking for them. Like normal, he would pick one up and be done. Mom would pick most of them up and put them back in the basket only to have Nathan come and dump them again. This was a game that went on for over 1/2 hour.

We got home very late on Easter. But, Mom and Dad let us know that the Easter Bunny had definitely been at our house. Since it was so late, we went straight to bed. Mom and Dad weren't lying when they said that the Easter Bunny had been to our house. When we woke up Monday morning, this is what we had found.

Thanks to the Easter bunny for all of the fun that had been left at
Grammy's, Pop-
pop's and our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment