Deacon and Ella hopped right in with me when they got to my house. The splashing was just getting started.
Sunday, July 05, 2009
Drew Celebrates
I was ready to celebrate my birthday with my friends. So ready that I decided to try and turn myself into a robot. Mom and Dad bought sodas for the party and I emptied the boxes so that I could fit them onto my legs.
My birthday cake turned out great. Grammy's friend Yvonne makes wonderful cakes. I was very excited to see Mickey, Buzz and Woody staring right back at me.
Mom got up pretty early that morning and started blowing up the pool for in the backyard. Thank goodness Uncle Tony's small air compressor was in our basement. Mom didn't feel like turning blue in the face to blow this pool up.
Deacon and Ella hopped right in with me when they got to my house. The splashing was just getting started.
Shortly after that, Hopey came to visit too. Mom hooked up the sprinkler. It's funny how it would stop working, we'd walk back up to it and it would start shooting water at us again. I think Mom had something to do with that one.
Ms. Sharon was Hope's escort for the day. But, since Hope was occupied with the pool and sprinkler, Nathan took advantage of Ms. Sharon's wonderful cuddling capabilities.
AJ got to come and meet my friends too. We all sat on the towels to eat our food, cake and ice cream. We're a crazy group of kids.
After all of that fun, it was present time. Everyone wanted to see what I got.
Except Nathan! He was occupying himself at the picnic table with a RingPop. I'm not quite sure that he knew it was a RingPop because he was using it as a pacifier.
One of my presents was a tee ball set. Deac and I tried to play without the tee but that wasn't turning out so good.
So, we used the tee. We all took turns hitting and catching. We were smashing that ball and it would fly.
AJ took a few swings. He may be the next Cal Ripken.
Before all of my friends left, I took Hopey and AJ down to meet the Horse next door.
After my birthday party, Mom, Dad, Nathan and I went up to a high hill in Lewisberry. It was about 5 minutes from our house. In that little bit of time, Nathan fell asleep with a jigsaw in his hand.
Look at the view of Harrisburg from the top of the hill
Here's what we were waiting for! Fireworks being set off from City Island! It was a distance of 5 miles between where we were sitting and the fireworks were being set off. We could see them really well and there were no loud "booms" to go along with them.
Deacon and Ella hopped right in with me when they got to my house. The splashing was just getting started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment