Did you know that I really keep Mom and Dad on their toes. On any given day, I invite friends and teachers over to our house for dinner. I'm sure that you've read about Ms. Sharon coming over for Spaghetti at our house. Well, now I invited her over for Mac & Cheese and GG Pa's applesauce. The catch here? I also invited Ms. Chou and Hopey Nisha for a visit at the same time. I had a blast playing with Hopey while all the adults chatted.
Ms. Sharon also brought us presents. We are two very lucky little boys to have such a great teacher and friend. I'm in the midst of planning our next get together too. What will be on the menu next?
Ice cube fun!!! We have a set of ice cube trays that makes all sorts of shapes. Today, we were experimenting with hearts and stars. Mom gave Nathan and I bowls, spoons and tongs and we sat on the kitchen floor and made all sorts of fun. I was making "Soup" and Nathan was just having fun transferring his shapes into separate bowls and sorting the shapes. Here are some pictures of your favorite cheese balls in action:


We can't wait to make more shapes with Mom when we get a chance. Next, we might do the squares. Or, maybe the triangles. Hmmm...
Traditions are very important to us. That's why we start learning them early. Nathan got a chance to help Dad make Chicken Rivel Soup. We all have a case of the sniffles and we thought the soup would help clear our airways. It did indeed help because the smell of the chicken cooking on the stove was apparent all through the house.
Time to make the Rivels...
Start with flour and egg. Mix them all up.
Ewww!!! They are a little sticky!
Let's mix some more.
Still too sticky! Add some flour, or in our case, the rest of the bag.
Either way, the rivels turned out great and we had some VERY yummy soup to eat that evening. Nathan and I will be great cooks (like our Daddy) in no time at all.






No comments:
Post a Comment