Granny really wanted to take us to the beach this year and we were afraid that we were going to miss out. But, it all worked out and we made it down with her in mid-August.
It took quite a while to get to Bethany Beach (after a dinner stop and a few potty breaks) because Mom's GPS took us some wacky way. Oh well, we made it safe and sound and that is all that really matters.
We were up really late the first night and it didn't take long for Nathan and I to crash...and we crashed hard.
The next morning, we got up and started getting excited for the day's adventures. Nathan checked out the bay with Aunt Cindy while I checked out the turtle shell.
Before we could even set foot on the dock, we had to get our life vests on. Kylie had been going out on the boat for so long with Cindy and Steve that she had plenty of smaller vests for Nathan and I. Aunt Cindy took each one of us out on the dock and got us settled in the boat. Mommy joined the kids in the very front of the boat.
Nathan wasn't a fan of his life vest but once he got used to it and he was able to get up and around the boat, he was fine.
Once we found a good spot, the fishing began. Waiting around for the fish to bite on your line is kind of boring.
Catching the minnies (bait) in the bucket however, is more fun! It took me a while to try it but once I did, you couldn't stop me from catching those little guys!
Nathan tried his hand at a little fishing too. It definitely wasn't exciting enough for him though because it didn't last too long.
Mom and her boys...we were all having a great time on the boat. So relaxed. So much to do. So much to see out on the bay.
The fun wasn't over yet. I got to drive the boat. I loved it. Uncle Steve guided me to where we were going next and I got us there pretty quick!
Time to relax a little more by hanging our feet over the edge of the boat. It tickled when the spray of the water hit our tootsies!
Sitting in the front of the boat while it was moving was fun. You got a little ocean spray in your face and the air hitting you felt great!
Finally, Uncle Steve got the first bite. He pulled his line in and we were all anxious to see what he was pulling in! Mom was ready with her camera when we found the Sea Robin on the end of his line. Uncle Steve was careful with this fish because he has "spines" on the back of his head that sting you if you touch them. Thank goodness no one got hurt! We let this ugly guy go free.
Shortly after the Sea Robin was freed, Uncle Steve got another bite! He must have been using the lucky rod. This time, he caught a Sand Shark. Their bodies feel like sand paper. Kylie wasn't afraid to hold this one.
Uncle Steve was having some luck. Let's see if Kylie has any.
Kylie didn't have any luck there. So, Nathan moved us around in circles and we finally found another spot to go fishing.
Come on fish, just take the bait all ready! I'm tired of waiting and I really want to catch something.
I STILL didn't catch anything. Mom was next. She caught another one of the Sand Sharks. She was even brave enough to hold it by herself.
She was brave enough to hold it as long as it didn't move. :)
And, this was the lovely Barbie fishing rod that she caught it on.
Did I tell you that the boat was relaxing? Nathan opted to take a little nap while we were out on the water.
While Nathan was napping, I caught the first and only Flounder of the day. It's a strange looking fish and I didn't like the spikes in his fins. But it was exciting to reel something in.
After that catch, it was time to head back in to the docks. I still hadn't had enough of the water so Kylie and I threw on some water shoes and played in the bay.
Of course there was some silliness involved in our weekend away too. We ate blue licorice and hijacked cameras just to take pictures of our blue tongues.
Kylie and I had a great time on our weekend in Bethany. Thanks to Granny for taking us down and letting us pal around together. Thanks to Uncle Steve and Aunt Cindy for the use of their camper. We had an absolute blast and hope to do it again next year.


























Drew - I can't believe your mommy actually held A FISH!!!!
ReplyDelete