After we got back from our great camping trip, it was time to quickly change gears and start thinking about going to Kindergarten. It really wasn't that hard of a switch to make. I would be going to the same place that I had attended daycare since April. Kindercare has a private Kindergarten and Mom and Dad decided that it would be best to keep me there (easier for them).
The night before Kindergarten started, Mom and I went to buy a plant for my teacher, Ms. Donna. We planted it in a pot that we had picked up a few weeks before at the Boyd's outlet. The pot says that "Teachers plant seeds that grow forever."
The next morning, I hopped out of bed because I was so excited. Now that I am a Kindergartner, I'm not allowed to have help getting dressed in the morning. Mom and Dad said that I am old enough to get myself moving and get my clothing on. No problem!
They feed me breakfast at school so I don't have to get up any earlier than I am used to. So, it was out the door at our normal time and Mom and Dad could still make it to work on time. I'm ready!
Nathan wanted to get a picture with me too. I think he's happy to have an older brother. He was so proud to get his picture taken with me.
Once we were at school, I had to locate my cubby. It's so cool to go into your room and find your name all over the place.
I even found my name on the wall by the window. I was super excited to get the day rolling.
The first day was a lot of information to take in. Ms. Donna went over all the new rules for her room and we got to learn where she keeps all the fun stuff. Since that first day, I've been telling Mom and Dad that I like Science and Math times. I dislike the homework (I've had to write the words: a, and, the, is, it, and I) three times each. I've gotten to bring books home from school to read and discuss with Mom and Dad. Nathan has even gotten to hear those new books too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment