Monday, June 05, 2006

Teething...Its for the birds

This weekend started out pretty good. On Saturday, mom and dad let me sleep in and take a morning nap. They said that I was going to HersheyPark again. So, we loaded up the car and headed for Hershey.

It was Dad's company picnic day. We got there a little before lunch. So, we got on the lady bugs before we went to the catering area. I wasn't thrilled. Something just wasn't right with me. So, Mom thought we would try some food.
At the catering area, there was roast beef, hot dogs, and chicken. There was also pasta salad, fruit salad, potato chips and all the toppings for the sandwiches. I had some chicken, oranges, cheese, chips, pickles, tomatoes, and some bread. Zachary was feeding me goldfish. Mmmmmm!!! I think my belly was full. Mom and Dad were talking to their friends and I decided that I wanted to take a nap. I fell asleep on Mom's shoulder and took a nice little snooze.
After that, we hung around with Paul, Miriam, Anita and Ron.


Ron and Paul wanted to get on the Storm Runner. So, Mommy and Daddy took me to ride the Tiny Timbers. Oh yes, water!!!!! I think I liked it.

We went back to check on Ron and Paul. They were getting ready to sit in the seat when the power went out on that side of the park. The Sidewinder stopped dead in its tracks. They had to pull up a ladder and get everyone out.
We went over to the water rides and watched people get drenched. I liked the geysers at the Roller Soaker. Daddy wanted to ride the Lightning Racer. So, that's where we went. I spent some time eating goldfish and listening to the band. Then, Mommy called Daddy to find out what was going on up in the station. Daddy said that they sat down to ride the coaster and they made him get up. The ride had broken down. Just their luck. The ride opened back up and they got to ride in the next 10 minutes.

HA HA HA!!! After that, Mommy said that she wasn't riding anything with any of the guys.
We tried the Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge. I thought we could all get on it but I was wrong. No hand held infants. Mommy said that it was her turn to ride. Daddy took me and tried the lady bugs again.
Mommy said the new ride was ok. Daddy was going to ride it by himself. I went with Ron, Anita, Miriam, Paul and Mommy to ride the train. Anita said that they needed a good excuse to ride the train and I was it. The train ride was over and we still hadn't heard from Daddy. So, Mommy called him. She asked where he was and he said "Technical difficulties". He couldn't ride because the it was broken. FUNNY!!! Daddy eventually got on the ride and we decided to leave for the day. Mommy said that I was burning up and she wanted to take me home.

I didn't sleep very well that night. I had a fever of 103 degrees and Mommy was worried.
I went to the doctor on Sunday and she said that I was most likely teething. I might have my first tooth or two pop out in the next few days. Watch out!!! I might bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment