We had a long weekend. On Friday night, we left Lewisberry and headed for Pittsburgh to see Aunt Veronica. We got there really late and everybody came to our room at the Holiday Inn. I was tired but I was too wound up to lay down. After I kicked everybody out of the room, it was time to try and get some shut-eye.
The next morning, I got up, got my bath and then we headed out to see Veronica's apartment. Mommy made sure that I looked real cute. Here' s me being really cute with my shades for the camera.

Veronica's apartment was fun. I took lots of things off of her refrigerator, played with her remotes, and read her magazines. When I was done playing, Veronica took us to a place called "The Strip". This was like an outdoor market. People were everywhere selling flowers, bread, food, clothing and all kinds of other stuff. We ate breakfast here. I got a little tired and decided to take a nap in my stroller with Hershey Bar. See if you can find him in this picture.

Mom and Dad wanted to go to the Incline. I had no idea what they were talking about but I went along for the ride.

Apparently, the Incline was a ride that took us to the top of a big hill. Here are some shots of us riding the trolley car and some buildings from the top.
Going Up?


Me & "V"

Where the Steelers play

My Mommy and Daddy and Me

Looking down the incline

Then, I had to show Aunt V around Pittsburgh in style. We hopped on my hog and rode around town.

Not really, but it was fun any way. We were in a little mall that had an arcade. They also had a fun little play area that I could run around in. Finally...I can get out of my stroller. Here I am crawling through one of the tubes and sliding.


The best thing about the mall was the train. They had a train that rode around in the mall. I got to ride it twice. Once with Aunt V and once with my daddy. I had a blast. They even gave me a conductor's hat (that I wouldn't keep on my head) and a free lollipop at the end of the ride.

Time to eat, eat.....
We went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner. We decided to order LOTS of food. I think Vern had enough left overs to feed her entire apartment building. Take note of the size of the bowl of fettuccine at the end of the table and all of the smiles on our faces because we loved the food.

Granny thought she was going to be slick and not order dessert. But, the waitress knew that it was her 49th birthday and had everyone sing to her any way.

We were all stuffed. So, we decided to go back to Dormont. Aunt V had a cake and I helped Granny blow out the candles.

Check out these skills. The next morning, I tried my hand at decorating with toilet paper. Mommy and Daddy were busy packing the bags and I snuck into the bathroom. I think it looked pretty good at the end. Take a look...


Thanks to Aunt V for putting up with us the entire weekend. We had a good time. And, next time, we promise not to spend 3 hours in IKEA.
No comments:
Post a Comment