Friday, December 07, 2007

Christmas Tree Decorating

One day this week, Mom and Dad put on some Christmas music and pulled out these huge tubs full of Christmas Tree parts. I had no idea that we were going to have to put our Christmas Tree together. Last year, we went out in a field and cut one down. Each of the branches had a piece of colored tape on them. It was my job to sort out the colors and lay them on piles. Some of them were as tall as me. Mommy got to put the branches in the "trunk" of the tree. I was supervising at this point. I got out my bulldozer (which is hidden behind a branch in this picture) and shaped the limbs.
Enough work. I got the first 2-3 layers of the tree together and then I needed some fun. I climbed on top of the tupperware containers that held all of the branches. I love being silly.
Grammy bought me an Advent calendar so that I could count up the days leading to Christmas. I have some trouble opening the windows and doors. So, Mom and Dad help me out a little bit.
Mom found my hat from last year in one of the bins. It still fits.
Mommy was unloading one of the bins with a lot of decorations in it. She told me that these big, fluffy red and white things were stockings. So, what did I do? I sat on the floor and put them on my feet. They didn't stay on too well. All right. Back to the tree. It was time to put the decoration on. This year, Mommy decided that we were going to do a sports themed tree. We have enough Eagles, Flyers, skiing, football, and hockey ornaments to do the entire tree. We also added snowflakes and Hershey Kisses.
I didn't think that the underside of the tree was getting enough attention. So, I crawled on the floor and hung some snowflakes from the bottom most boughs.
The finished product. Can you tell where I was decorating at?
We had our first real snow of the season this week. It started out with a lot of wind (which knocked down a few of our lights). Then, the snow came. We got about 2 inches total and it looked very pretty outside.
Our decorated tree outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment