There was work to be done. So, I had to quit playing for a while. I did all the work while Dad stood and watched. Just kidding. It just looks that way in this picture. But, I did a lot for a 2 year old.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
I'm a BIG helper!
We were finally able to get the tree cut down on the side of our house. This is the tree that stood right beside the other one that fell. Thank goodness we caught this one before it fell.
I wasn't home the day that the cutters came but Dad took great pictures so that I could see how they did it. They had a really big bucket truck and lots of guys on the ground to direct the falling logs.
We were left with a huge pile of wood to clean up. Grammy and Grandpa Bob aren't going to need wood for their wood stove for quite a while.
On Friday, Nathan and I had off school and Mom and Dad didn't go to work. So, we drove to Hanover for an Easter Egg hunt. It was a little chilly outside (darn wind) so we sat in the car for a little while before it began. Mommy let me out of my seat and I got to sit on the arm rest next to the driver's seat. That's where I scoped out my strategy. There were eggs every where and I wanted to pick them all up and put them in my basket. I was in awe at how many eggs were out there.
There they are. I'm not a big fan of eating them, but I'll collect them for you!!!
Ahhh...getting ready. Granny and Andy held me back at the line.
Finally...they said go. And, this kid jumped in and took my egg.
Oh well, there were more eggs and I got just enough.
When we got home, it was time to be the BIG helper that I am. Daddy needed to clean up the logs and I wanted to help. Daddy is keeping a few of the bigger logs to use as chairs in the back yard. I didn't want to sit on them. I stood instead.
And, Mom had to pose me for a little bit too.

There was work to be done. So, I had to quit playing for a while. I did all the work while Dad stood and watched. Just kidding. It just looks that way in this picture. But, I did a lot for a 2 year old.
All right...back to playing. I was using the big logs as lily pads...hopping from one to another.
Dad and I took a load of logs down and then I would hop on the hand truck and ride back up. It was a lot of fun. Sometimes Dad would hit the big bumps just to make me giggle.
Dad found a piece of wood that looked like a slice of watermelon. He pretended that he was going to bite into it.
Monkey see, monkey do. But, I actually bit it.
Using the logs as lily pads was fun until I feel and bumped my head on a log. Daddy ran me inside and Mommy put ice on it and gave me a Boo-boo band-aid. I had quite a bump on my head.
That bump didn't stop me from playing again. And, I fell again. This time, the saw dust got me. It was stuck every where. (Even to the snot running out of my nose) Oh well, it all wiped off.
Oh yeah...Nathan, once again, slept through the entire event. That's why there are no pictures of him.
There was work to be done. So, I had to quit playing for a while. I did all the work while Dad stood and watched. Just kidding. It just looks that way in this picture. But, I did a lot for a 2 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment