Today was Nathan's first Birthday party. We had to hold the party at our house since it is the middle of winter. It was nothing like my birthday party where we were outside, in the swimming pool, throwing frisbees (or getting them caught in trees), and enjoying the sun.
The morning started out with Daddy letting Mommy and I sleep in. Of course, Nathan was up bright and early. So, Daddy made a run to the grocery store with Nathan. He picked up the last few things that we needed for the party that afternoon. He picked up everything plus a little bit extra. Nathan came home with a brightly colored bunch of balloons. Daddy said that Nathan was reciting the word "Boon" all through the store.

I had to get in on the action when they got home too. Posing with the balloons was fun!

Time to get dressed for the party. Nathan wore his "It's fun to be 1" shirt and a hat. The hat was mine when I turned one.

He's walking really well now. Sometimes he even tries to run.

More pictures with the balloons.

Nathan's birthday cake matches his shirt.

Present time. Mom said that she was thankful to have me there. When I turned one, she had to open all of the presents for me. This time around, I did all the opening for Nathan.

This is Nathan's teacher at school. Ms. Bonita actually lives near us and came to Nathan's party. Nathan really likes her. He was favoring Ms. Bonita and gave Mommy's arm a break.

Daddy bought Nathan another cake to try and smash. Let's see how he did.

We're starting out better than last time. He didn't need a spoon to get started. Nathan dug in and started taking the decorations off of the cake.

A little icing in the ear!

Some more on his head and arms!

Yay! Look at Nathan's mess!

I had a great time at Nathan's party too. I had kids my own age to play with. Ms. Lisa brought AJ over and we had a good time playing with my train table.

Nathan got all cleaned up and ready for bed and then everyone left for the evening. Nathan and I played like best buds with some of his toys until we were both exhausted and ready for bed.
Ooooh I love the cake mess !!!! Happy Birthday Nathan.
ReplyDelete