Saturday, January 09, 2010

Choo, Choo, Choo, Choo

Nathan Benjamin is turning 2! I was in charge of decorations. We didn't have many so it was my job to make sure the balloons were in order for Nathan's party.
His birthday cake featured his favorite character, ELMO (Nathan says ELWO). Elmo seems happy to be wishing Nathan a happy day!
When everyone started singing and Nathan realized that they were singing to him, he covered his eyes. You know, if Nathan can't see you, you can't see him.
Nathan really hadn't had any practice blowing out candles. So, it took Mom and me to help him out!
Time to shred some paper. Nathan was really getting some neat things. I couldn't resist getting up to look at everything that he opened. If you look closely in this picture, you can see what Nathan got a hold of first. In his little hands, he has a Donald Duck cup from Aunt Kelly. It took him quite a while to give this cup up.
Nathan didn't want to let me look at any of his new toys. When he would open one and I would get too close, he would yell "NO! MINE!!!" The only thing that he let me hold while he was opening presents were the new socks that he got. I didn't want those either. So, I threw them on the floor.

After Nathan's party, we all had a little more to eat. Nathan was being silly with his food.
Then it was time to have some more guest over to enjoy our newly decorated basement. Earlier that morning, Dad started the pellet stove in hopes that it would warm up the chilly basement. At 7:00 in the morning, it was about 51 degrees down there. By 3:00 it was about 70. So, we were comfortable all night long.

Daddy enjoys his new bar and we're having fun finding things to decorate it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment