Snowmageddon part 2 hit us early last night. On top of the 20" that we all ready got earlier this week, we were expected to get another 8-18" today. Well, we got it. There's currently 18 more inches outside our door and no where to really go with it.
While Dad was shoveling, Mom was tasked with finding fun things for us to do. We turned off the TV and tried to do some new things around the house.
Mom filled a few of these plastic cups with water and told us that we were going to make a rainbow. I asked her if we were going to paint and she said no. I had no idea how we were going to get all the colors of the rainbow out of some cups and water.

Then, she pulled out the food coloring. We had red, blue, yellow and green. We mixed the red and yellow to make orange and then the red and blue to make purple. Nathan and I were very proud of our mixing abilities.

Nathan stole the yellow cup (his favorite color) and started to do some mixing.

I grabbed whatever was left and made a mess.

There's Dad out in the snow. The camper makes a pretty good measuring spot.

Our car looked kind of funny with all of that snow on it.

I finally went out and helped Dad get some of the shoveling done.

Oh, and I fooled around a little bit too. I climbed up on our big plastic tub and jumped into a pile of snow.

I stayed hydrated by eating some snow.

Kid for hire!!! Want an easy way to clean the snow off of your car? Put a 4 year old on the hood/roof and let them go to town.

The best part was being able to slide off the front of the car.

Dad and I got tired and decided to take a rest.

It's a little chilly out there.

Back inside, Mom had started mixing up some cookie dough. We were making some wintry cookies. We used our new cutters and made mittens, snowmen and snowflakes. Oh, and some valentine hearts too.

Nathan had his own chunk of dough and spatula to play with. He was a happy boy.

After all the cookies were baked and the kitchen/dining room were cleaned, it was time for bed. The day went by so quickly with lots to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment